They just kept swimming

Oakton Swim and Dive and Conference District Champions have become synonymous over the past four years, and this year was no exception. Led by coach Parker Ramsdell, the Cougars finished off their already impressive regular season Saturday night at Districts, with Varsity Boys Swim and Dive clinching the Conference Champions title and Varity Girls Swim and Dive coming in second place behind Robinson Secondary School.

The meet took place Saturday night at Oak Mar Rec Center against teams from all over the District including: Robinson Secondary School, Chantilly High School, Herndon High School, and Westfield High School, all of which were teams, with the exception of Robinson, the Cougars had already beaten previously during the regular season.

“Going into the meet, we knew that Robinson would be our toughest competition,” said Girls Swim and Dive co-captain senior Julia Capobianco. “They have a lot of talented swimmers but we are looking forward to racing against them again at Regionals.”

Along with Julia Capobianco, senior co-captains Laura Branton, Brenna DeBalles, and Madi Norton lead Varsity Girls Swim and Dive while John Shebat, Mason Hawkins, and Michael Ambrose are all senior co=captains for Varsity Boys Swim and Dive.

Following districts, many of the Cougars have already clinched their spot to swim at States. But before they get there, the Cougars will face off against Robinson Secondary School and other High Schools from around the Region this Friday and Saturday night at Oak Mar Rec Center for Regionals, where the Cougars hope to obtain the Regional Champions title.