Peyton Manning’s career and decision: what is next for this Super Bowl star?

Peyton Manning was drafted first by the Indianapolis Colts in 1998. When he was drafted expectations were very high for him even as a rookie. That being said, none could have possibly foreseen how excellent a reputation  he would have as a player. After playing with the Colts and winning a Super Bowl with them, the team released Peyton in 2012. Instead of retiring, Peyton Manning decided to continue and extend his career. What many viewed as a questionable decision ended up both good and bad.

Now, a little more then three years later Peyton Manning has just won another Super Bowl as a Denver Bronco. He went into the game as the clear underdog against the heavily favored Carolina Panthers. The Panthers had one of the best offenses and defenses in the whole entire league. Instead of playing scared and allowing the Panthers to gain momentum, the Broncos came out ready to play. Peyton himself did not have an excellent game, but did exactly what was needed to win the game. He made important and excellent plays when they were needed. He also played very smart and only had one turnover. The Broncos ended up winning the game by fourteen points.

The huge question now is whether or not Peyton Manning will retire now. He has accomplished more in his career stat wise then arguably any other quarterback to every play the game. He is now thirty nine years old and is putting his body at risk if he keeps playing. That being said football is an integral part of his life and one can’t help but wonder how he will function and how his daily life would change without it. His single decision is one of the most important, and could possibly change the game of football for the next couple years.