Game of Thrones: Uncharted Waters

HBO’s TV show Game of Thrones has been a huge critical and commercial success for the last five years, dating back to it’s film inception. The first official, full-length trailer released on Tuesday, March 8 and it has tapped into plentiful reserves of hype. On April 24, the sixth season of the television hit will premiere, launching fans of both the television show and its’ source, the book series A Song of Ice and Fire into unknown territory.

In past years, those who have read the books had at least a general idea of what would happen on the running season because while a fair amount of events and characters have been changed, the main plotlines have stuck to Martin’s vision. However, Martin hasn’t released a finished series entry since 2011 and the moment has finally come, the show will overtake the books. Although certain book events have been postponed on the show (likely to appear this season), for the first time, readers and viewers are essentially on even ground.

Season six of Game of Thrones will launch its’ fans into rough rapids as season five left plenty of its’ characters and their respective plotlines in precarious positions. In an attempt to avoid spoilers, one particular event shocked almost the entire fanbase. This presents an excellent, seemingly coincidental but excellent nonetheless, point for the show to overtake the books as no one knows for certain what will come of this event. Season Six of Game of Thrones debuts on April 24 and fans cannot wait.