More Americans are Planning to Move to Canada

The Canadian Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, has recently arrived in the United States of America. This was the first time a Canadian political leader has visited the United States in about 20 years. Trudeau decided to make the trip after Barack Obama extended him an invitation to the white house back in October when he won the Canadian national election. He was greeted by Obama, and and a red carpet ceremony at the white house. The White House is also hosting a lavish dinner after having some talks in the Oval Office. These two political leaders are expected to talk about trade and environmental issues.

In a recent speech, Obama stated that America is blessed to be neighbors with Canada. He said that Trudeau had brought new energy and dynamism between America and Canada. Trudeau agreed with Obama saying that their is no relation in the entire world like the relationship between the United States of America and Canada.

Many Americans adore Trudeau for more than his looks. People like that he is bringing light to important issues, such as the environment. Trudeau shares many of the same political views with Obama. Trudeau said that he wishes that Americans would pay more attention to issues occurring all around the world.

Many Americans have claimed that they would move to Canada if Donald Trump wins the 2016 presidential election. The internet search for “move to Canada” has reached an all time high. They spiked 400% after the Super Tuesday results were released. Trudeau’s political views are the exact opposite of  Trumps, which is why people want to move. When Trudeau was asked about Americans wanting to move to Canada, he said that if people want to make choices that suit their lifestyle better, than Canada is always welcoming. One local DJ in Canada made a joke about having Americans move to the small, serene island of Cape Breton. Some people took the joke seriously, and have seriously considered moving there. Trudeau even mentioned that Cape Breton is lovely throughout the entire year.