Ready, set, action!

This week was an exciting week for the cinema.  As new movies hit the theaters and the racks of local stores, there is no reason why someone shouldn’t go out and see a movie, whether it’s in the chairs of the theater or the comforts of their own home.

In the cinemas this weekend, three new movies are being released nationwide.  This selection includes 10 Cloverfield Lane, The Brothers Grimsby, and The Young Messiah.

10 Cloverfield Lane is a drama and thriller that is rated PG-13.  This film is about a woman who wakes up from car accident in a man’s basement who has claimed to save her from a chemical attack. The duration of 10 Cloverfield Lane is an hour and 45 minutes, and is the spin-off of the film Cloverfield that was released in 2008.

The second movie being released this weekend is The Brothers Grimsby.  The film is rated R, and it is about a top assassin for MI6 that has a brother from the town of Grimsby. The Brothers Grimsby is a comedy that has a running time of one hour and 23 minutes.

The Young Messiah is another great movie coming to theaters.  This film is rated PG-13, and it revolves around the childhood of Jesus.  The Young Messiah is an inspirational story about Jesus’ childhood for the family.  The duration of this movie is one hour and 51 minutes.

Not only are amazing movies coming out in theaters, there are also many films that have come out on DVD for everyone to watch in their homes.  Two of the most anticipated are Grease Live! and The Peanuts Movie.

Grease Live! was never shown in theaters, but it was first shown on Jan. 31, 2016 on FOX.  Based on the original movie Grease from 1978, Grease Live! was just as good.  Julianne Hough, recognized as a judge on Dancing with the Stars, played the role of Sandy.  Hough and the rest of the cast had an excellent show that night, specifically Vanessa Hudgens, known for her role as Gabriella Montez in the High School Musical trilogy, who still performed flawlessly despite the loss of her father only hours before.  Grease Live! is rated TV-14 and has a duration of three hours.

The Peanuts Movie is also another film that has been anticipated for its DVD release.  Based on the original characters by Charles Schulz, the Peanuts gang didn’t disappoint in its modern remake.  In this film, Snoopy battles his longtime enemy, the Red Baron, and Charlie Brown has finally mustered up the courage to tell the little red-haired girl how he feels, and the rest of the original characters have many small moments within the film.  The Peanuts Movie originally came to the theaters in November and made $130.1 million throughout its time in theaters.  This film runs for one hour and 28 minutes, and is a wonderful comedy for everyone in the family.