2016 Warped Tour Line-Up Announced

This year, the Vans Warped Tour took a different approach to how they announce the headlining bands who will be playing the music festival this summer. Normally, Warped Tour begins announcing five bands-per week beginning in December, all the way until the end of March. This old practice allowed for festival goers to have something to look forward to hearing every Wednesday night to get them excited for the upcoming summer tour. However, this year the Vans Warped Tour administrators shook it up. Instead, they released the line-up in its entirety, on March 22, presumably the day the last five bands would’ve been announced using the old practice.

Nevertheless, this years line up for Vans Warped Tour is amazing. One Warped Tour’s biggest trademarks is the high number of performing bands that are part of the tour each year, but this year the number is higher than usual. This summer there will be a total of 81 bands performing at the all-day festival. The tour’s gates open at 10AM and the last performances usually wrap up around 10PM. Festival goers who attend the full day of the tour most definitely have a long day ahead of them.

This years tour features many artists who were on the tour in 2014. Some of these bands include The Maine, Sleeping with Sirens, The Story So Far, and Real Friends. Most of those bands were featured at Warped two years ago but were on a smaller stage. This year, however, these bands are playing on the tour’s main stage. This is incredibly exciting for perennial Warped Tour goers as they get to see their favorite bands progress and come back years later.

The 2016 Vans Warped Tour will be my third go at the tour so far. I incredibly excited to go this summer and see my favorite bands–new and old–again.