In the Final 27 Days of School…

Although it seems as if there is still more than a month of school left until summer break begins, freshmen, sophomores, and juniors have just 27 school days left and seniors have 23 school days left (if they do not have an internship). For the majority of these days students will be completing their final tests and assessments, including AP exams, final exams, and learning the last units of the year.

Students’ AP exams will be held from May 6th to May 17th where they are excused from all classes and activities of the day they’re testing to complete their exams. Students will also get the opportunity to go home early or arrive to school late depending on if their exam is held in the morning or evening.

Although many AP classes have held their finals before the AP exams occurred, they will continue to teach their students new content and test on it, as well as conduct fun activities. In AP BC Calculus, students will be concluding their year long roller coaster project by building a 3D model of the roller coaster they designed. In AP Chemistry, students will be learning nuclear chemistry and organic chemistry, as well as doing fun labs such as making soap.

In students’ history and english classes, they will also be working on their Presentation of Learning (PoL) which they will present in the final week of school. Seniors are exempt from this project as they finish school a week earlier than underclassmen. Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are all conducting different PoLs that they have been working on throughout the year.