BSOC dominates Westfield 3-2

Varsity boys soccer won 3-2 against Westfield on Thursday May 7 while playing at home. Although the score suggests a close game, the truth is the cougars dominated the bulldogs throughout the entire game.

In addition to being one of the last games before the playoffs, it was also Senior Night for the cougars. Each senior prepared a favorite quote as well as a message to their teammates. The opening ceremony concluded with a heartfelt message from their head coach, Todd Spitalny, telling them how proud he was.

“It was great to be able to play alongside all of the seniors while we still can,” said senior and captain Armand Jeffris, who will continue his soccer career next year at the College of William and Mary. “Getting a win was just an added bonus.”

The game itself had some incredible plays, including a header from a corner kick by senior Carter Lopez Gomez which resulted in a goal. The second goal was equally impressive with the ball being booted to senior Jimmy Filerman, who received it, dribbled and scored in just a few seconds. The third and final goal was scored by senior Omar El Saeid. It seems fitting that on senior night, all three goals were scored by seniors.

The student section was incredibly supportive, cheering wildly and booing whenever a bad call was made.  However, as always the cougar fan base kept it classy and let the score board do the talking.