The Classic, but always enjoyable Pep Rally

2015 homecoming king (Trey Montgomery) and queen (Miranda Bride).

Oakton High School’s 2015 pep rally was definitely an exciting. The pep rally was hosted by Jay Leonard and Alex Dimitriades, who brought as much hype from the football games to the gym on Friday.

The pep rally began with the senior football players bursting through a sign with excitement, as this will be their last year as a rowdy cougar. This was proceeded by the dance and cheer team routines, that pumped up the upperclassmen as well as the underclassmen.

The pep rally also consisted of the usual mini competitions/games with random students and teachers. For example, Zachary Sickels dunking a balloon in the basket to finish the race, making the crowd go crazy.

The pep rally also included the classic homecoming court entrances. Many students have said their favorite entrance was when Trey Lodge and Miranda Bride slid across the court in their white socks to the famous song, “Old Time of Rock and Roll,” by Bob Seger (featured in the image).

In addition, Alec Souders created a “hype” video for Oakton students, that featured clips from the football student section and captains from fall sports this school year.

Lastly, the students who attended the second pep rally were a little extra lucky, since they got to witness a surprise dance off at the very end. Overall, the pep rally was enjoyable, but nothing special compared to previous years.