Netflix Plans a Comeback for Gilmore Girls

For all the Gilmore Girls fans out there who are feeling more distant from the show than ever, don’t fret. Netflix is planning a Gilmore Girls comeback, and it is going to be huge. If you ever felt your dream was to live in Stars Hollows and be Rory and Lorelai’s best friend, it may feel like this dream came true.

What is in the making?

Netflix is in negotiations with the producer of the famous CW show, Amy Sherman-Palladino. Netflix wants to create this revival by producing four 90-minute movies that will bring us to the present day, eight years after Rory graduated from Yale University. This comeback will give Sherman-Palladino the chance to have a final say in the show, because after six seasons of running the show, she had to leave because of a contract dispute with Warner Brother Studios.

Who will we see in the comeback, and who will we not?

The main characters Lorelai and Rory, played by Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel, will definitely be in this short comeback series. Also returning will be Lorelai’s mother, played by Kelly Bishop and Lorelai’s fiancé, Luke, played by Scott Patterson. However, Sookie St. James, played by Melissa McCarthy, will not be returning.

When will it be on Netflix?

So far, there is no set date, however, according to CNN, the show will start production early of next year.

Hopefully we will see all this action in Stars Hollow take place in the revival series of Gilmore Girls.