Highlights from Country Music’s Biggest Night

Highlights from Country Musics Biggest Night

Every fall, country artists and bands come together in Nashville Tennessee for the Country Music Association (CMA) Awards. On Nov. 4 2015, Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood hosted the 49th annual CMA Awards. There were many well-deserved award winners, and amazing performances this year.

Underwood and Paisley did an amazing job hosting the CMA Awards this year. They started off the show with a cold open that was “Star Wars” themed. Underwood was dressed as Princess Leia, and Paisley was dressed as Hans Solo. Their opening monologue was also a crowd pleaser. They joked about things such as Donald Trump leading the polls to Josh Duggar and the whole Ashley Madison scandal. They also mentioned the split of two very famous celebrities, Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog, who split around the same time as Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert.

Justin Timberlake stole the night with his country-pop-gospel duet with Chris Stapleton. They sang an arrangement of Stapleton’s “Tennessee Whiskey” and Timberlake’s “Drink You Away”. This was a hard act to follow for the rest of the night. There have been speculations that Timberlake might be coming out with a country album. However, it is still unclear. Stapleton won three awards for best new artist, album of the year, and male vocalist of the year.

Shelton and Lambert, who have recently split, both attended the CMA Awards. They both respected one and others space, and didn’t interact throughout the night. Lambert took home an award for best female vocalist for the sixth time. Shelton left the CMA Awards empty handed.

Luke Bryan won the evening’s most prestigious award, entertainer of the year. Bryan was elated, and even kissed his trophy while on stage. Other people nominated for this award were Erich Church, Lambert, Garth Brooks, and Kenny Chesney.