Senior Superlative skepticism

On December 2, through Twitter Oakton’s Yearbook released the results to their day long poll for the Senior Superlative nominations. Each category was supposed to have one male and one female winner and the poll was supposed to be done entirely by the Yearbook staff. However, the poll was distributed and the results were recorded by Leadership students.

This year, the two classes have partnered together as they work to create fun things for the student body. This hasn’t been given a second glance until now, considering the fact that a majority of the winners happened to be in Leadership or have some connection to the Leadership students. There was a large outburst over social media from multiple students who were considerably upset with the results. “The results are strictly based off of what the students voted for,” said Leadership supervisor Ms. Susan Silva.

Some students suggested that the poll be rerun in the form of a Google document where students voted by using their student ID. This way, none of the answers could have been changed or altered in any way. Nonetheless, Leadership and Yearbook decided to ignore the reaction by the students and went through with the results as they were.

Some of the results didn’t make sense with the category. A few of the results matched relatively well. Nobody was completely thrilled with the results though.