The Oakton Improvables finally hit the stage

The award winning Oakton Improvables have done it yet again. After having their show cancelled three times due to inclement weather, the Oakton Improvables finally got to get on stage on February 19. This free performance was open to anyone and everyone. The audience ranged from children to teens to adults. To accommodate this range of age, the Improvables kept their performance PG rated, yet it was still a hilarious show.

The games that the Improvables play every show is the only thing constant in their show. The prompts they receive to base the game off of is random from the audience. This is what keeps the Improvables show alive. Their take on the variables they get from the audience are absolute talent and creativity. The dialogue, story, even the characters, are all from their mind at that very instant.

The Oakton Improvables consist of 14 students, ranging from freshmen to senior. Each one of them has their own quirks that they bring to stage. Michael Williamson (12) is one of the Oakton Improvable team captains. He kept the two-hour show going smoothly. He was the one to pick audience members to give variables, announced the next game and who would be playing in it, and kept the audience interacting and laughing. Madison Carter (12) is another member of the Oakton Improvables. She explained that her favorite thing about being on the Improvables is trying out every year. “We get to do improv with people even if they don’t make it on the team,” Carter says. The Improvables are able to play games with other Oakton students once every week after school. This helps the team get their name out and helps them rehearse for the shows and competitions in which only they are able to be on stage.

The connection the team has with each other is easily seen on stage. If one member messes up, the team will help keep the skit going smoothly. The audience also doesn’t make a big deal out of messing up, it just makes the show funnier. In all, the Oakton Improvables show was truly a night of natural comedy. They were very polished on their acting and knowledgeable on how to keep the audience excited. You really can’t pay for this kind of entertainment.