Pep Rally

reflecting on how the pep rally went

Pep+Rally

Pep Rally

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

The winter sport season ended, now it’s time for spring sports season! The pep rally this year was the first one to ever include an introduction to spring sports. The rally had rowdy students from all four grade levels and fun games and music. It also featured our Oakton dance team,  the gymnastics team, as well as all of the spring sports starting this season and winter sports that just ended.

This year there were many features of not only winter but also spring sports, making it different from any other pep rally from previous years. “The expectations going into this pep rally was to try and do something different, to try and get groups that were previously overlooked involved in the pep rally which we thought would bring more students to participate in the spirit of Oakton.” said Mr. Brandon McCulla, leadership teacher. These expectations were clearly fulfilled by leadership students who worked hard to make this event happen. Events such as musical chairs, a blindfold game with the goal being to guide the blindfolded players to set chairs, and many others. It was very impressive for leadership to be able to represent so many sports in a single pep rally. “We had musical chairs with the swim and dive team, lacrosse with boys and girls, and track with boys and girls, and the spring sports relay, we had wrestling, softball and baseball, and soccer; and then for the blindfolded game we had crew team and drama.” explained Mr. McCulla. Overall, this was one eventful pep rally.

There were things in the pep rally that could be improved. “We could have probably done a better job at explaining the purpose behind [some of the games], but I thought the intent was really good and I think if there was a better sound system where people could hear what’s going on it would be more enjoyable.” said Mr. McCulla. There are also plans for having more student involvement so that leadership can improve our school spirit and get more people excited for the rally.

If you would like to share your opinion, suggestions, comments or concerns for the pep rallies or any message to the student government, starting next week there will be QR codes posted around the hallways that will open an electronic suggestion box for student government and leadership. This can be a way for clubs to ask to be in pep rallies and leave comments.