Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief

Hello, my name is Claudia and I am a student at Oakton High School. I am the manager of the Oakton varsity volleyball team and Editor in Chief of the Oakton Outlook. I have 2 brothers, 1 cat, and 1 dog. All of which can be very annoying at times, but I love them still. I hope you, as a reader, find interest in the Oakton Outlook and maybe consider to be one of its staff members along with me!

All content by Claudia Messina

The New Normal

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | September 20, 2021

After a year of completely virtual school, students have been living out their “normal” school lives for the past month. Everyone has attempted to readjust to full days in person with class after class...

The Semi-Normal Spring Break

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | April 14, 2021

Although there are still heavy COVID restrictions in place, Spring Break of 2021 may have been the closest to normalcy that many students have experienced in over a year. With the vaccine being administered...

Why Everyone Should Take The Race IAT at Least Once in Their Life

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | March 9, 2021

This summer citizens across the world witnessed and participated in a powerful demonstration of civil rights in America. The Black Lives Matter Movement inspired many people of this country and called...

Oakton’s Key Club Returns

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | January 12, 2021

Oakton continuously encourages its students to be more active in extracurricular activities. Specifically, Oakton promotes existing clubs, and has a process for creating clubs which can be taken by very...

Putting students to the test

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | October 30, 2020

Many upperclassmen have started to think about or are well on their way to applying to colleges. Seniors are polishing off and submitting their college essays to their dream and safety schools, while juniors...

It’s just as important

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | October 15, 2020

Despite the ongoing pandemic, charity organizations across the world are still working to help those in need. On October 29th, the National Charity League is celebrating National Cat Day by encouraging...

Series at the psych ward

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | October 6, 2020

Title: Series At The Psych Ward Netflix has been trying its hardest to keep viewers entertained through quarantine. It has provided a given access to pre-existing show as well as released new Netflix...

Who Really Should Have Won Survivor

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | May 22, 2020

Season 40 of Survivor began airing on TV on February 12th of 2020. This season brought together the winners of seasons past to determine the true survivor. Survivor began airing in 2000 with Jeff Probst...

Shows to Watch During Quarantine

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | May 8, 2020

As quarantine drags on for yet another week, many students are finding it more and more difficult to occupy all their free time. By now most students have probably scrolled on social media and stared at...

The Cure For “Quarantine Craze”

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | April 23, 2020

When school was canceled on Friday, March 13th, students across FCPS rejoiced at the fact that they could escape their stressful everyday life even if it would only be one day. Several people made...

What Party Does He Belong To Again? – Micheal Bloomberg Feature

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | April 16, 2020

This year’s presidential candidate race has had many surprises. One of the biggest ones being the addition and withdrawal of Michael Bloomberg from the race. Micheal Bloomberg, a 77-year-old billionaire,...

What The Impeachment Trial Means for Trump

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | February 19, 2020

The past few years with Trump as president have been nothing short of a soap opera. Filled with unexpected twists and turns and drama beyond belief. The current president has insulted and falsely accused...

Hidden Messages of YOU

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | January 14, 2020

It’s the first day back from winter break. The hallway buzzes with the conversation between friends that haven’t seen each other in two weeks and friends that spent every day together for two weeks....

Addition and Subtraction: Presidential Candidate Edition

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | December 13, 2019

With election year rearing its dreadful but inevitable head, The final lineup for presidential candidates is beginning to solidify within each party. Each election season, at least one person joins the...

RHYTHM+FLOW: The Voice According to Cardi B., Chance The Rapper, And T.I.

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | October 29, 2019

The Netflix original Rhythm + Flow is an uncensored alternative to the more family friendly singing competitions like The Voice. Being an avid follower of the rap and hip hop genre, I found this show intriguing...

The Stress That’s Trying to Help

claudia messina, Editor in Chief | April 26, 2019

Every student knows or has experienced the stress related to the end of the school year. With final exams, end of year projects, AP testing, and keeping up with classes, there's a lot to stress over. On...

Billie Eilish: The Kid With A Dream

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | March 11, 2019

As a kid when you pictured success it may have involved lots of money, a nice house, some nice clothes, and maybe a big yard, too. If you’ve kept up with the music industry, you’ve most likely heard...

The Fitting Design

Claudia Messina, Editor in Chief | October 17, 2018

It’s that time of year again where you need to start thinking about how to decorate for spooky season. Luckily, there are many things to decorate your home with that are fun to make. One of those decorations...

Load More Stories
Claudia Messina