How Can We Improve Oakton?

The sports program at Oakton can be improved in many ways. As students at Oakton I feel it’s our job to help better the sports program and figure out how we can improve it. Renovation at Oakton will help the program majorly. Us students can help by attending home and away games and events. Students and families should attend away games and support Oakton.  Another way is to set a good and respectful example to younger kids and families attending sports games and events. How oakton sports teams can be improved further is by having more team building activities and more events like fundraisers that promote the team and bring up team spirit. A very important part of any sports team is the coach. The coach is the leader of the team and is the athletes role model. It is crucial for student athletes to balance schoolwork and sports. Athletes should be encouraged by coaches to try in school and challenge themselves academically. 

The Oakton sports program affects the reputation and image of our student body and our school pride. At each home varsity football game there is usually a theme where everyone matches what they’re wearing like a gold rush or USA. By participating in these events students can show school pride and support their school. A lot of money, effort, and time goes into the Oakton sports program. All of this happens from students, staff, and families. Supporting sports like Golf and Soccer that might not get as many attendees is another way you can support Oakton. With renovation done, we will have a new ticket booth, concession stand, and they’ve already built a brand new Softball field.