The Stresses of Senior Year

So! As a freshman, you learn that high school just gets harder. You take harder classes, more extracurriculars and you still need to find time to spend with friends and family to stay sane as the years go on. One thing we learned in high school is that senior year is a breeze. A well-deserved break from all your hard work junior year. Well, I’m here to tell you it’s all A LIE (at least for the first semester) – which makes sense because most students are still taking the same amount of AP classes that they took a junior year (the hardest year academically) along with working on their college applications. Whether it is one school because you’re already committed to it or twenty schools because you’re applying to be a theatre major, each application requires hours of filling out information, as well as potentially an essay or two explaining something about your life or a reason to go to that school. I know from my experience that I took two AP’s my junior year and that was itself very stressful for me. Going into senior and applying to six schools, either through the wonderful Common App or the treacherous Coalition app, I’ve never slept less in my life. And less sleep means being able to stress out a little easier. I know for a fact that after all college applications are done, I’ll be able to breathe again. And finally, I will have that well-deserved break once I get into whatever school I end up going to. But, in the meantime, I’ll just keep trudging through and so should you.