Cougar Towne

How does it impact students daily?

Cougar+Towne

The new addition of trailers in the school have left hallways more crowded than ever. Ever since  “Cougar Towne” opened, students have had trouble passing others in the main hall. It has caused a problem when it comes to making it to class on time, “Oakton is already a big school, and when you need to walk from one side of the school to the absolute other side of school in 6 mins, it becomes a challenge,” said Julia Hamilton(10). Traffic is also difficult for the students trying to get to classes inside of the school, because the main hall is over crowded blocking intersections. There is also only two exits to get to Cougar Towne, so between classes there is a large mass of people exiting and entering the school which move very slowly.

Although there have been complaints with the new trailers (or learning cottages), there are also students and teachers who support it, “It’s nice to go outside for a little bit every day,” said Advait Menon(10).  Cougar Towne gives students an outlet to go outside for fresh air every day, and easy access to the cafeteria doors at lunch. There are also new bathrooms for those who have classes in the trailers and outdoor water fountains so students don’t walk in and out of the school constantly. The trailers are bigger than most of the math classrooms, and they’re brighter and warmer than the older ones on the other side of the school.

Whether you believe the new Cougar Town is good or not, it is better for the school that will look much better after the renovation is over. The hallways may cause problems, however we all manage to make it to classes in time as quickly as possible. The best we can do is try to enjoy going out for some fresh air every day and appreciate the school’s efforts toward renovation.