Latest Hot Flick – Kingsman: Secret Service

Quentin Tarantino. Stanley Kubrick. The Coen brothers. All-time great directors, and all with a shared taste for the flair in showbiz.

In the books of many avid moviegoers, the creations of these directions are absolutely unparalleled in the grotesque and fantastic. Last month, however, the world was introduced to a film which has brought a new name into this discussion: Matthew Vaughn’s latest thriller, “Kingsman: The Secret Service.”

Vaughn’s latest release (a follow-up to other action flicks such as “Kick Ass” (2010) and “X-Men” (2011) has ushered his spot into the rankings of Hollywood’s best shock-jock directors.

Although it was released on the Thursday before this Valentine’s Day, “Kingsman” was not your typical heart-wrenching Valentine’s couple flick. Far from it, actually.

Not for the feign of heart, “Kingsman” (which is rated R for any of you folks under-17) packs 129 minutes of pure jaw-dropping action, gore, and morose comedy into the unique story.

Based off the British graphic-art series “The Secret Service,” “Kingsman” follows the riveting tale of a young city hoodlum named Eggsy as he is thrust from his lowly life on the streets into the high-pressure world of Britain’s most elite secret service agency. Portrayed brilliantly by the young Taron Egerton, Eggsy develops into the film’s most fascinating character – the audience cheering and lamenting along with his ups and downs throughout the film.

Paired with strong supporting performances from all-star actors Samuel L. Jackson and Colin Firth, Egerton helps drive a story which truly engages the audience in the plot – all the while grabbing a few laughs and gasps along the way.

kingsman-the-secret-service-colin-firth-samuel-l-jackson
All-star cast members, Samuel L. Jackson, Colin Firth, and Taron Egerton.

As a whole, “Kingsman” has everything a viewer could hope for in an action movie. With it’s fantastic direction, outstanding cast, and mind-blowing special effects, Kingsman” is a movie that’ll have you on the edge of your seats from the time of the first helicopter explosion until the rolling of the credits.