The Graduation “Feels”

It’s the time of year where seniors are beyond ready to leave and anxious juniors are awaiting their busy senior life ahead. It’s bittersweet saying goodbye to your dear friends to embark on new journey that will guarantee new experiences. Every weekend is filled with graduation parties and family gatherings and the “when you were a kid” stories that never get old. So how should you celebrate this momentous peak in your life before life starts to change if front of your very own eyes. What is the ideal graduation sendoff?

For some, it can be a huge party to end their high school years with a bang, while others enjoy a nice vacation away to keep it simple and relaxing. With every person a different vision comes in mind, but here are a few tips that anyone can take into consideration.

1. Celebrate you.

You’re reaching a new stepping stone in life and it doesn’t have to be an extravagant party, but make sure you acknowledge how far you have come as an individual and as a student.

2. Spend time with your loved ones.

Before you know it, summer is going to fly by and you’ll be leaving what you’ve known as familiar for over 17 years. Spend the time you have left with those you truly care about, be it good friends or caring family.

3. Choose your mood.

Go big or go home? Sweet and simple? It’s all up to you. Pick the way you want to be sent off so years from now you can look back and remember that you were happy and you were strong in your opinion. This is the first step in finally becoming a truly independent individual.

Make the most of this occasion, as it’s a once in a lifetime experience. It doesn’t have to be big and it doesn’t have to be fancy, but find a way to leave a mark on your life for years to come.