Stay Amped before the March

On March 23, many students from across the nation will be gathered in Washington for the March for Our Lives. This March was organized by Parkland Students who survived the deadly shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida last month, and has gained a lot of publicity over time, with both George and Amal Clooney and Oprah Winfrey donating $500,000 for the cause. The night before this anti-gun violence protest, a concert is planned to be held in Washington DC.

The “Stay Amped” benefit concert is set to take place at The Anthem,Fall Out Boys are the headliners of this event, but others artists are also set to attend the event, including rapper G-Eazy, singer BeBe Rexha and Lizzo. “This is a time for action. We need to support the Parkland teens, and kids across the country,” Fall Out Boy’s bassist, Pete Wentz, said in a statement, according to Billboard. The Fall Out Boys are also working are adding more artists in to the line-up, including a few surprise superstars. Also, the concert will include appearances of gun violence survivors and alumni of Parkland’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

The event was organized by Liana Huth of broadcasting company Entercom and Donna Westmoreland of concert promotion company I.M.P.  Both of these women have worked on other similar events before, including the Women’s March Official After Party in 2017. The funds from this concert are going to benefit two different anti-gun violence organization, Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund, which is currently the nation’s largest gun violence prevention organization, and Giffords: Courage to Fight Gun Violence.

Tickets for the event can currently be purchased through ticketfly.com. Also, students are able to purchase up to two half price tickets at The Anthem, 9:30 Club, Merriweather Post Pavilion, and Lincoln Theatre during regular box office hours using a valid student ID. In addition to general admission tickets, 850 Super Excellence seats will be sold. Along with premium assigned seats in the balcony, each Super Excellence ticket also includes a complimentary ticket that will be distributed by the organizers of the March for Our Lives to student activists attending the rally.