The chase for a three Peet

The last two seasons for girls cross country have ended up with them being state champions. That is an incredible accomplishment for any team. After a district championship and third place performance at regionals, the team looks forwards to states. This girls team is very young and has only two seniors on it. The rest of the team is made up of sophomores and juniors. That opens the possibility of another great season next year. The team is led by junior Casey Kendall who finished first overall at districts and second overall at regionals. Then close behind her are seniors Thi Nguyen and Jill Bracaglia who secured top seven finishes at both districts and regionals. These top three have been part of the previous two teams that have won states. The rest of the 7 is made up of all sophomores who are searching for their first state championship.

However the boys team did not make it to states. Although they did not make it, this was still a very successful season for the boys team. Last year the boys team lost six out of their top seven runners. This new team was made up of very athletes who are very young. The team is led by sophomore Ahmed Hassan and closely followed by senior Adam Blankley and junior James Crowley. Next year the team will only lose one runner and are expected to improve greatly.