Varsity wins District Championships 3-1

On Thursday night, Oakton’s Varsity Volleyball team took on Robinson High School in the District finals at Centreville High School. The stands were filled with Robinson and Oakton fans, each cheering on their schools to become the Concorde Conference champions.

The Cougars started off strong, crushing the Rams in the first set 25-15, but Robinson wasn’t going down without a fight and pulled ahead to take the second set 25-23. After the loss in the second set, the Cougars rallied to win the third and fourth sets 25-20. This victory is the second district championship in school history, and the second in four years.

In addition to the fantastic victory, multiple Oakton team members were named part of all-conference teams. Coach Dan Courain was named Coach of the year, and Alice Yang, 11, and Emily Heier, 12, were named part of the 1st Team, with Yang also being named Co-Player of the Year. Grace Cozad, 10, Megan Wood, 12, and Lexi Barker, 11, were on 2nd Team, and Coral Hulcher, 12, and Alex Marquis, 12, both recieved Honorable Mention.

With an exciting District victory, Oakton Volleyball moves on to the regional quarterfinals at Oakton on Monday, November 9. They will be playing Stonewall Jackson at 7:30, so come out to support the Lady Cougars!