Finding Nostalgia

Finding+Nostalgia

Everyone has a treasured memory from their childhood, something that makes them long wistfully for simpler days. For young children of the 2000’s, Finding Nemo is almost definitely staple of their past. The movie is famous, telling the story of a clownfish searching desperately for his missing son, with the help of various sea creatures, including the blue tang fish known as Dory. The movie is an all-around masterpiece for its’ genre and should never be forgotten.

More than eleven years later, these iconic characters have resurfaced. Ellen DeGeneres (the voice actor of Dory) recently released the first glimpse of her new movie Finding Dory with a minute and a half long teaser trailer. Although it is hard to get an accurate handle on the movie with a simple teaser, after more than a decade, any news is celebrated with aplomb by fans. The trailer revealed the plot of the movie: forgetful Dory searches for her family with the help of friends, including clownfish Marlin and Nemo.

As exciting as this movie may seem, expectations should be tempered. It is incredibly difficult for a sequel to capture the glory of its predecessor and live up to the inevitble lofty expectations that will inevitably be placd upon it. Although the movie does not release for about a year, fans will likely be on the edge of their seats waiting for any new release regarding the movie.