Philadelphia Eagles

Philadelphia Eagles

The Philadelphia Eagles have had a rocky start to the season. Even sporting a below average record the Eagles are still very much alive this season. The season started with an away game against the Atlanta Falcons. The expectations were very high and this game was the first with the new personnel. The offseason was quite tumultuous and Chip Kelly made many controversial roster changes. An especially controversial move he made was trading Lesean McCoy. In return the Eagles received the very talented but unproven linebacker Kiko Alonso. The fans were shocked and definitely did not expect such drastic changes to occur. The game that everyone had been waiting for had arrived and it was finally time to see if the team would be successful or not.

The game was on September 14th, and the stadium was packed. It was the perfect atmosphere for the Falcons, and was very challenging for the Eagles. It was a great game to decisively win and make a statement for the rest of league. The game did not go the Eagles way and they were outplayed both offensively and defensively. It was a horrible way to start off the season and the new roster did not seem to play well together. Even though it was only one game the expectations dropped immensely and the season seemed almost lost.

Fast forward three weeks and the Eagles were in second place in the Division. After losing the first two games the season had been completely turned around. This last week they won an away victory over their rival the Cowboys. The game was a great example of the progress that occurred throughout the season. The team has improved immensely and has grown with the season. The defense went from lacking teamwork to being one of the best units in the NFL. The offense has flourished the last couple weeks. Sam Bradford is also improving and it will be interesting to see his progress the rest of the year.