Kobe Bryant plays his final game

There aren’t many people in the world who are known just by their first name. When most people hear “Kobe,” they immediately think of Kobe Bryant, the third leading scorer in NBA history and arguably one of the best professional basketball players of all time. The basketball star who joined the NBA at 18 after high school played his final game on Wednesday, and bid a farewell to millions of fans. Kobe is definitely an inspiration for all, and he will probably be in the Hall of Fame when he is eligible.

The Los Angeles Lakers played against the Utah Jazz in Wednesday night’s game, and they had a stunning 101-96 win. Kobe was challenged by former NBA player Shaquille O’Neal to score 50 points in his final game – but he dominated the game and finished with 60 points. The Staples Center in Los Angeles was completely full with crowds and fans to cheer on Kobe. The tickets were very popular, and therefore very expensive – one ticket for the game was even sold for $27,000. Kobe’s final game even broke Led Zeppelin’s record for the most money earned from merchandise sales in one day at an event, with the total being $1.2 million.

Not only has Kobe lead his team while being one of the best players in the NBA, Kobe was in the NBA All-Stars game 18 times in his career, and was the MVP four times. Kobe has set some amazing statistics, but one of his most astonishing ones is that his record for his most points in one game is 81 points. This is the second highest total for one player in a game in NBA history, following Wilt Chamberlain’s record of 100 points.

Throughout Kobe’s career, he developed the nickname of the “Black Mamba.” Intending to leave a lasting mark on his legacy, Kobe finished his post-game speech to his fans with “Mamba out” and a literal mic drop. No wonder fans love him – he is an inspiration not only because of the incredible player that he is, but also his dedication to basketball and his fans. Kobe sure knows how to be charming, and his fans and the NBA will definitely miss his high spirits and unbelievable basketball skills.